Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A Graduation To Remember

I (Kate) completely forgot to write about my family coming to town for my college graduation. We ended up staying at the new Embassy Suites in the Boro, that miraculously survived the tornadoes a month earlier. The hotel was awesome because they offer a 'Manager's Reception' in the evening = Free wine, beer, and mixed drinks. Uh oh!

With the Merzke family being very much into their alcoholic beverages, we took full advantage of this service. Not eating before going was a bad decision though. Dad tipped the bartenders a little too much, which resulted in the drinks being pure booze. Most people wouldn't complain, but grandma definitely couldn't handle her liquor. After four drinks, she was pounding her hands on the table and laughing uncontrollably. She then informed us that she needed to go to the bathroom. It was only ten steps away, but there was no way she was getting up. My dad had to go find a wheel chair just to get her up to the room. We had to give her a tray to make sure she didn't puke all over the lobby. Once in her bed, she told my grandpa she wanted 'to get pregnant'. EEWWWWW! I could have done without knowing that. 

The next night, grandma refused to drink :( I convinced my Mom, Dad, and Claire to go bar hopping with me in downtown Nashville. That was interesting to say the least. Mom had a few too many and wanted to dance with just about any guy. She saw an opportunity when an attractive young guy was standing by himself on the dance floor. Mom asked him to dance but he told her no. She proceeded to tell him 'Well I hope you enjoy the rest of your night alone'. Hahaha I love my Mom. Christy and I then got hit on by two guys at the bar and they followed us back to our seats. Creepy. They had the balls to pull up chairs next to my Dad. I thought they would get the hint when I introduced him, but they just kept persisting. My Dad then gets up to go stand with my mom on the dance floor. Ugh. Why isn't he a cock block when I need him to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment